Thursday 7 April 2011

Finalising Ideas

Since my ad campaign is mainly focused round spoofing other brands, I've decided to choose the "Big Three" brands to make fun of in my posters. I've twisted the Nike spoof round enough so that it looks like a spoof rather than an actual Nike ad, same with the Reebok poster, but when it came to the Adidas poster, I struggled a little, at least imagery wise. I've stuck with the "Three Stripes & You're Out" motto as that definitley works, but I tried placing the Adidas logo on the poster & it just looked like an Adidas campaign, so I've come up with an image that plays on the iconic Adidas three stripe logo, but also keeps with the theme of avoiding other brands & only choosing Umbro. That is the image shown here, a simple red circle with a red line through it, commonly seen on road signs, or to show something is banned or forbidden. In this instance, I've added three lines instead of just the one, in order to create a sort of visual pun, without prominently featuring the Adidas logo. This works in my opinion as Adidas don't just used their iconic logos anymore, they also use 3 simple straight lines, so the audience should be able to recognise this instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment