Friday 25 March 2011

Don't Do It!

Just so I knew how the rest of my poster ads would look, I quickly mocked up, basically what my "Target: Nike" poster would look like. I had the idea at first to form an "X" from the two Nike ticks by flipping one horizontally & crossing them over each other, but this looked more like a coat of arms or a pair of swords as opposed to a cross, so I went with the idea of turning the Nike logo upside down, as turning things upside down is often interpreted as negative (i.e turning a countries flag upside down). Combined with the slogan "Don't Do It", I think I've created a pretty effective poster here, although it still needs a bit of neatening up. I'm fairly happy with underlying theme, highlighted in the copy below the main slogan. "Don't look a fool in your 1350 minutes off pitch. Choose Umbro A-Frame." I think this ties in well with the 1350 concept, not just because it mentions it by name, but also because the main theme of these ads focus on social standing, which is somewhat of a big deal amongst people off pitch. This theme also applies to the 18-24 year old demographic, as the target audience can not only associate with the brands being spoofed, but also with the perception of people themselves based on what they wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment