Friday 4 March 2011

1350

So, one of the main driving forces behind the ad campaign I'm working on at the minute is the concept of "1350." These are the minutes left in a day, minus the 90 minutes spent on pitch playing football. This what I aim to explore in my designs, highlighting popular past times & activities carried out during the 1350. Umbro's pre-existing ad campaign, using the 1350 slogan, does something similar, showing how Peru team captain Juan Vargas spends his time off pitch, getting tattoos. Other posters in this campaign also look at other players getting tattoos, so I am assuming this was a running theme throughout the initial run of the 1350 campaign. This particular ad campaign is far more in your face & to the point than the ad campaign I intend to conceive. I hope to bring a much more heavily focused typographic approach to my campaign, with a more subtle approach towards imagery. My design will also be more public-based, looking at popular past times of the general public, in an attempt to reach a wider audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment