Friday 4 March 2011

Development stages

Now I am confident about my idea & know roughly where I want to take it, I've begun to look at how I can develop both the "1350" concept, as well as my own ideas. In this rough poster concept, I have combined elements of both of these. The main visual shows 3 stripes, followed by the slogan "Three Stripes & you're out," continuing my pursuit of a sort of "brand war" between Umbro & other leading sports brands, the target of this design of course being Adidas. I have accompanied this visual & slogan with a sub-line of "Umbro A-Frame. For life off the pitch." And the main visual focuses on some sort of concert or performance, highlighting the past times & activities explored during the 1350 minutes spent off-pitch. I am not entirely convinced that these elements connect though, as there is no real connection between the "Three Stripes & you're out" slogan & the main visual. The idea behind the slogan was to get across that these particular shoes were THE shoes to get you "in" & the "three stripes & you're out..." tagline was supposed to reinforce this, subtly hinting that Adidas was inferior. I think the two elements I have combined in this design can, and more than likely will work, just not together.

No comments:

Post a Comment