Monday 28 February 2011

Mixing it up...

Once again, while browsing the net, I came across another ad for Umbro, which perfectly sums up the approach I want to take with my own design. Again, I want to avoid as many links as I can to football in my campaign so that the shoes I am advertising can appeal to a number of audiences. This particular ad was created by the agency, Aldea Santiago & was released in 2006. At first glance, the ad looks nothing like what you would commonly expect from a sports brand & I think it is advertisements such as these that are the most successful. The product placement in this ad is almost subliminal. Extremely subtle, which is what I think makes this advert a good one. The use of imagery in this particular ad really sets it aside from Umbro's usual approach in my opinion, which is exactly what I aim to do in my ad campaign.


No comments:

Post a Comment