Monday 28 February 2011

Out of the Ordinary

Now I need to enter the design phase of the project, it's probably best I start to look more in depth at existing ad campaigns for inspiration. Since I want my poster ads to appeal to a wider audience than just football fans, it would be nice to come up with a concept that breaks the mold & walks away from the football fan stereotype that Umbro has built itself up to appeal to. Browsing the interweb, I found this rather interesting ad by Umbro. While I'm not entirely sure of the message this poster is trying to put across, I quite like the idea. It's almost as though Umbro have taken their advertising out of it's comfort zone, placing a football player somewhere other than a pitch. This is the kind of approach I want to take with my ad campaign, taking an otherwise football-targeted brand & doing something completely different with it. This includes utilizing different components than a footballer, football kit & football pitch & replacing it with something different & perhaps unassociated with football, with the only link to football in the ad being the shoe being advertised.

No comments:

Post a Comment